Sunday, August 28, 2011

CKC Charlotte

I had a great time at the Creating Keepsakes Convention (CKC) in Charlotte.  I took 6 classes and shopped until I had no more money left (I've been saving for this for months).

The classes I took, along with my reviews:
1. SEI - Sophisticated Style, Expanding Layout Pages
I learned new techniques for adding pictures to your layout.  The class was organized, had a video projection of how-tos along the way, with a good teacher.  

2. Mosaic Moments - Photo Framing Techniques
You really need to know how to do the Mosaic Moment technique before taking this class (which I've had).  It was a good class and I learned new techniques for scrapbooking with the Mosaic Moments paper.  The class was organized, had a video projection of how-tos along the way, with a good teacher (owner Tami Potter).

3. Prima - 30 minute layouts
From the start, this class was not that good.  The teacher was handing out papers one by one to a class of 50 ladies.  It took 24 minutes to get all the supplies handed out and the papers were damaged in shipping.  There was no video projection that showed you step-by-step as the class progressed.  The 3 pages we did were very feminine - a "shabby chic" look.  I did learn how to use Prima's flowers on a page and even use the packaging that the flowers come in.  The "30 minute" part wasn't really pushed - it was more how to use Prima flowers than complete layouts quickly.  I would not recommend this class.

4. Simplicraft - Crazy for Cardstock
The class was organized, had a video projection of how-tos along the way, with a good teacher.  I love it when you walk into a class and they immediately hand you a packet of supplies.  We learned new techniques and I wish I had taken some of their other classes.

5. Creating Keepsakes - Bling it On
The class was organized, had a video projection of how-tos along the way, with a good teacher. I was wary of this because CK is a magazine, not a teacher, but the class was fun and it stretched me in new directions.  We learned how to use the I-rock tool.  My friends were disappointed in the Material Girl class that CK offered, but I enjoyed this one.

6. SEI - Make an album truly yours
The class was organized, had a video projection of how-tos along the way, with a good teacher.  I cannot believe that I completed 8 pages in this class!  And we took time to ink 2 pages too.  The SEI albums are sooo organized and I learned that this is the way to complete an album in no time. 

My friends took the Technique Tuesday and Quick Quotes classes and along with SEI, you can always depend on those companies to give quality classes.  Next year, I'll add more Simplicraft classes too.

The vendor fair this year was definitely smaller - a few vendor booths were even empty.  I still enjoyed the make-and-takes at Boxer, Mon Ami Gabby and PK Glitz.  Here's a view of the vendor fair:



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment