Thursday, November 10, 2011

HCBC - Day 4

Hello!  Today's day 4 of the card boot camp and I loved the look of Jennifer's card, BUT....
a. I didn't have the tree stamp
b. I didn't have the acetate note card

SO....I improvised. I used my Staz-On to stamp snowflakes onto a piece of transparency.  This was the first time I used Staz-On and it came out pretty good.



Next, I used an SVG image of the "Merry Christmas" tree and drew it on a blue paper with my Cri-Kit pen.  I colored it in with Smooch Sundance and inked the white dots with the Uniball White pen.  Then I adhered everything onto a piece of gold paper stock.

The picture isn't very good, but I'm satisfied.  Jennifer McGuire's technique taught me how to use acetate on cards, which I'd never done before.   I also found time to make Jennifer's card from day one of the camp:

The more I look at this card, the more I enjoy its homey feeling.  I've done 5 cards so far in the camp and can't wait to see what goodies we'll see tomorrow!

Thanks for looking.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment