Sunday, June 17, 2012

OWH Sketch #126 & my inspiration notebook

I had a fun weekend making cards, which I will put in the mail and send off to my OWH shipper this week.  Promise!  I've got to put my card making aside temporarily and get ready for a crop next weekend.

I've been catching up on technique videos and was getting overwhelmed with the amount of information.  I decided to start a notebook with notes and samples of different techniques.  I included notes from the Creative Chemistry class as well.  Here's my notebook:

I hope this will help me utilize more of the techniques that I've seen.

This week's OWH sketch went together so easily for me.  I used pink marbled paper and then stamped Aged Mahogany with the Hero Arts diamond stamp.  While the ink was still wet, I pounced Perfect Pearls all over the stamped image and set it with a slight mist of water.

The rest of the card came from the June Simon Says Stamp kit, including the papers and stamps.  The corner rounder I used on all the paper edges is from Creative Memories.  Here's my card:

Here's the sketch:


I also made more masculine cards this weekend for OWH, using various inking and embossing techniques.  I just love the image of these three men and I use it often on my cards:

I'm very excited to take another card class - this one is called "Stretch Your Stamps".  I've bought most of my stamps from Ellen Hutson and I couldn't wait for the class to start using them!  Let me know if you're taking this class too! 



6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Are you super organized! I do love all the techniques you put on your cards; it makes them so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards you shared with us today but your first card is so beautiful and unique. I just love it. I agree with Joann, you are totally organized, want to come to my house and organize me??? I certainly need it. I, too, am taking the stretch your stamps class. Looking forward to seeing you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is unaminous on the organization. That first card has got to be absolutely gorgeous...I am sure the picture does not do it justice! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erika, your sketch challenge card is gorgeous! I love love the "shabby chic" look and it was fun to read how you made it. Great job on all 3 cards. Enjoy the online class; couldn't sign up for this one :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card I love the first card so much! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea creating the notebook. It is easy to forget all the amazing techniques out there. I'm inspired by your organising.

    ReplyDelete