Sunday, July 15, 2012

Catching up on challenges....

With the online class I'm taking (Stretch Your Stamps), I'm falling behind in keeping up with card challenges, so I'm going to post several cards today.  Here's my contribution to last week's OWH Midweek Throwdown (Christmas in July):


I have no idea who makes the paper, since it was a gift from Simon Says Stamp because one of the stamp sets I ordered was on back order.  I used the Blackletter Cricut cartridge to make the word "Joy".

On to another challenge!  Although I don't participate in Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012, I always check out his creations.  I loved the technique for July's tag (here: July 2012 tag) - spraying ink with an air compressor to make a sprayed effect.  I made this card using that technique:

It was really fun and I'll be using this again.  I sprayed so much that the can of compressed air actually got frosty!  I'm going to enter this in the layered challenge at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Stamp and Show - my first time entering a challenge there!

I'm working on several cards using today's OWH sketch and will post those later.  I'm not yet satisfied with any of them.....but each one is better than the one before!

Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

  1. Well glad you decided to join us at SSSS. Your compressed air colors are so bright and beautiful. Lovely card. The cut letters for Joy make such a sweet focal point on your first card.

    ReplyDelete