Monday, July 9, 2012

OWH Sketch #128

Hi everyone!  I made a card using the latest OWH Sketch - #128 . Something about the sketch made me think of a musical score, so I cut black paper and embossed with the musical Cuttlebug folder.  I cut small music notes on my Cricut about three times because I couldn't get the size right for the card!
This is the sketch:

Since I cut out so many music notes, I used the extras to create another card.
Today we start the latest Online card class called "Stretch your Stamps".  It should be a lot of fun and I hope to learn new techniques that I can use to make more OWH cards!

Here in South Carolina, 500 National Guard soldiers are going to Kosovo on a peace keeping mission (the article is here: SC Guardsmen) and my thoughts and prayers are with these men and women.  It motivates me to keep helping in whatever way I can.

Happy Monday to ya'll from sweltering South Carolina!


7 comments:

  1. Cute cards, Erika! Love the little music notes! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them! Great idea going with the music theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love most about OWH's challenges is that I get so many ideas that never would've occurred to me. I even have the elements and musical papers and stamps and they didn't even occur to me when I was struggling with this challenge!! I'm definitely going to have to dig them out and use them more often! Thanks for the inspiration and your National Guard members will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love the sentiment with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - love both cards, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the music notes with this sketch! Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun theme! love that you thought outside the box...great sentiment! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete