Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I got lucky!

I used two sketches tonight and got lucky with how both turned out....it's not like I spent hours pondering the choices on how to put the cards together, so I consider that lucky!
 
First, I saw Paula's sketch on her blog Handmade by Paula and thought it was a great way to use up scraps.  I'm still using up last year's Recollections holiday papers and punched out the squares to come up with this happy card:
 
Here's Paula's sketch:
I was about ready to call it a night, but I wanted to use this week's OWH sketch to make a Love card.  This card was much more time intensive, but I love the old-fashioned look.  I stamped a floral stamp onto watercolor paper using Versamark, then embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next, I used Perfect Pearls Perfect Copper and Perfect Gold with water and brushed it over the embossed image.
 
I had some doily paper from the cake section at Joann's and used Antique Linen distress ink to age it a bit.  The sentiment is from Stamps of Life, which I again stamped with Versamark, embossed in white and then used Antique Linen and Rusty Hinge to age it a bit.
 
I found two pieces of brown & rusty paper from my stash - got lucky there too - and here's the card:
 
 
Sorry for the crooked picture.  Yippee...I'm keeping up with OWH again and couldn't be happier.  I've also signed up for another online card class from Julie Ebersole via Ellen Hutson and can't wait to learn some more fun stuff.
 
Catch ya'll later....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment