Sunday, January 6, 2013

One sketch - three ways

Hi everyone!  This is my second post of the day, using OWH's latest sketch Sketch 154.  Thanks to Marlene for taking over the sketch duties from Julie!  I challenged myself to make three cards using the sketch (which I love) with different techniques.
Card #1 - a masculine card
Supplies: OWH Hero Arts Right At Home sentiment, Ali Edwards clock stamp, Graphic 45 paper:
Card #2: Rotate the sketch!
I used papers from the November Simon Says Stamp card kit with an Ali Edwards stamp sentiment.  I embossed the sentiment in white, then used Rusty Hinge distress ink over it:

Card #3: Stickers!
 I've still got Mrs Grossman stickers from about ten years ago that I recently found.  I used them to make a border of Easter eggs.  The digistamp sentiment is a freebie from Netty's Cards: Easter Hugs.  The paper is from Basic Grey's 6x6 pad - Indie Bloom.


I cranked out these cards in just a few hours.  Using a card kit or paper stack makes it quick because I don't spend a lot of time searching for matching papers.

Cat in a box anyone?
 
 And to think I bought her a fluffy cat pillow to sleep in!  Stupid human!

Take care and Happy Sunday to all you crafty gals....


11 comments:

  1. I love your cards and your cat in the box looks quite comfy. I got the dog a nice pillow for in front of the fireplace. He still prefers the hard floor. I think they do it on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo0ve how you changed the orientation - great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards for this sketch. You picked all nice interesting papers for each card. Nice idea to flip the sketch. I am cat sitting for my daughter this week and I find this cat to be so much fun to watch. Yours looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat is cute - and so are the cards - they all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are positively inspiring!!! Your cat...absolutely adorable (altho I am a dog lover)..I can appreciate cats from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. The argyle was my fave. Actually the cat pic was my fave. I just gave up and put a box for my cat right on my work table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards...the first is my fave as I gotta a thing for argyle. Love the cat in the box...she looks sweet! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cards Erika! You've used some beautiful papers, and I especially love the one you flipped. Such a cute cat. He/she looks really comfy. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas Erika! You really show how versatile one sketch can be. Thank you for sharing your cards and the cute cat in the box! smile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erika, I like how well you used those pesky stickers that hang around year after year! Those colorful eggs in a row are perfect. Our cat does not have a special kitty bed as she is happy sleeping on couches in every room during the day and in our bed at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Erika! These are beautiful; I'm especially drawn to the masculine argyle card. Wish I'd thought of the HA clock set for the focal point; perfect idea! Think I'll go up and make another card for #154. Good job!

    ReplyDelete