Sunday, February 10, 2013

Groovin on Sunday

It's funny how one idea leads to another...this card totally started out with no inspiration.  It started when I found a purple Smooch spritz in my stash and thought - I'll make some background paper!
 
Then I was wandering around Office Depot and found Post it notes with adhesive across the entire note.  I punched flower dies out of it and put it on a piece of white cardstock, like so:
 
I put the cardstock in a box and sprayed purple Smooch ink all over it:
I left it out overnight to dry, but didn't know what I would use it for.  This morning, I saw the Groovy digi at Designs on Cloud 9 and got my inspiration! 
After buying the digi stamp, I traced it in SCAL and cut out the pieces of the bus, putting the Groovy day sentiment with it.  There's also a piece of purple washi tape at the bottom.  This card is loosely based on today's sketch:
 
Well, that was a long story, but it tells ya how my creativity works - randomly.  I'm going to make another card for my son's birthday because he's always wanted to own a VW bus.
 
I wanted to give a shout out to Club Scrap who recently posted an OWH writeup on their blog.  They encourage their cardmakers to support OWH and give us inspiration with their sketches.  Way to go, Club Scrap!
 
Hope the rest of your Sunday is groovy!
 


6 comments:

  1. Erika, This is a cool card especially for someone who remembers the 60's and 70's. Terrific card for a hero to send home to his or her parent. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun...love the background! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flower power bus! It's cool, groovy and totally rad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool man, groovy! Love your fun take on the sketch and that cool hippie bus. So glad you found the purple spray in your buried stash, and love how you made the background paper. Thanks for playing... and Peace baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, your creativity and work paid off! What a FAB and GROOVY card! I think I must have that digi set...far out!

    ReplyDelete