Sunday, March 3, 2013

Using up stickers

I don't often catch OWH TV live because it's late for me on the East Coast, but this week, my cat Suzume and I managed to watch it:
I can barely see Sandy because Suzume lays right on top of my keyboard.  I did get totally inspired by her Stump Sandy card using up stickers.  Boy, do I have stickers - lots of Mrs Grossman's stickers from years ago when that's all we had to embellish our scrapbook pages with.
 
I've been using those stickers up to make a card for this month's ODBD challenge:
Sentiment is from Inkadinkado, papers from Basic Grey Indie Bloom.  I cut the scallop, butterflies and green layer on my Cricut.
 
I also used stickers for this week's Sketch Challenge #162:
I flipped the sketch horizontally and used an oval instead of a square.  The sentiment is from the Mother's Day Inkadinkado set and the background papers are from my stash.  I made the dashes around the black paper with my white Signo ball pen. 
 
It feels good to use up those stickers from like, 10 years ago!  That's crazy that I'm still holding on to them.
 
Hope your Sunday is nice.  Thanks for looking.
 


9 comments:

  1. Awesome sticker cards! I still love stickers so I keep buying them. tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I have a drawer full of stickers I need to use.......sigh. Those red tulips are so pretty with the black & white colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful cards Erika. Love the orange in your ODBD card and, of course, love the black, white and red of the sketch card. I really like how you flipped the sketch and the stitch lines on the black. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both cards! I never thought to put the two cricut cuts together like that in the first card, and the flower matches the paper so well... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red, White and Black - total class. Super pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very nice!!!!! You may have sparked my MoJo which seems to have got up and left. I'm going to scare up my flower stickers and see what I can put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Being relatively new to cards, I don't have a stash of stickers, but I might just start! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LIKE it sideways! Gonna have to CASE that! Love your faux stitching as well. Excellent rendition of Sketch #162...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stickers! You made the whole card ust went together so well. Thank you for so much for joining the ODBD challenge and supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete