Monday, April 15, 2013

OWH April Bootcamp

This month's OWH Bootcamp is on The Rule of Odds.  Since I became addicted to card making, I noticed that there's a preference to use odd numbers, but I never knew it was a design principle.  Paula's got a great blogpost about it and encouraged us to make card.
 
I made this AnyHero card, which started out as sketch 162, but then I switched it up a bit:
 
The red paper is from my stash and the stamp is by Paper Inspirations. I embossed the stamp in Antique Gold, then used Walnut Stain distress ink to age it a bit.
 
I also made another card, in the middle of the night when I couldn't get to sleep.  I'm lucky everything came out alright!  I used a scrap bundle to make this card:
 
A scrap bundle is something I learned from the Online Card classes - I put together scraps that could be used to make a card with a paper clip.  I've got several of these bundles, waiting to become a card one day.  It's a pretty simple card, but the Tim Holtz stamp is inspirational to me.
 
Happy Monday everyone!
 


1 comment:

  1. I like both of these cards Erika! The bold, red star pattern in your Any Hero Card is well placed between the two more neutral panels and the subdued colors and repeating dots (love those giant brads!) in the second card are terrific. I think the Rule of Odds is one principle that a lot of people use without even being conscious of it, it's an easy one to implement and would be at the top of my list of design concepts to always apply. Thanks for joining in the April Bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete