Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day - crafting day!

Along with my regular chores, I managed to fit in a few hours of crafty time this weekend.  I'd love to hide out in my craft area all day on Mother's Day, but I need clean clothes!  Ha.
 
I love the OWH Hero Arts stamps that I got at Hobby Lobby - the detail on the images stamps very well.  Here's one of the cards I made, using a cut file from 2 Peas in a Bucket:
 
I made 4 cards, switching out the papers.  I drew the square with a silver pen to enclose the image.  It's a bit nerve-wracking for me to draw/stamp/write directly on the card, but I'm getting the hang of it.
 
I studied today's OWH sketch for a bit and pushed myself to Just Do It!  No more waiting!  (I take too long sometimes to get started).  Here's my first take on it:
The stamp is also from the new Hero Arts OWH set.  All SEI papers.  Hmm...OK...but I thought I could do better, so here's my second card:
 
Much better!  The fish are free digistamps from The Alley Way and I've wanted to use them since  I saw Sandy's Rainbow School card.  I cut each fish and colored them with Copics. 
 
I'm going to color more fish and make a few more cards like this.  Hope you have a nice Monday!
 


5 comments:

  1. Adore your first card! Fun fish card...definitely a keeper! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cute cards. Nice idea to put the silver inside the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that fish card is too adorable!! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to TAWS and the free digi! I have admired that fish/sentiment for months and had no idea it was a digi! Love what you did with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fish card is outstanding! I have a bunch of the fish printed and ready to color...you have inspired me to do it!

    ReplyDelete