Friday, June 7, 2013

Art Journal - my first page

I've been watching posts about Art Journals for a while now with Shari C and decided to take the plunge and start one.  The best thing about an art journal is that there's no right/wrong way - it's whatever you want it to be.  I bought a Strathmore "Visual Journal" and the instructions state that this journal is "whatever you imagine it to be" - which means, get creative, girl!
 
It will be easy for me to create pages using my cardmaking supplies.  I started my first page with my name.  I cut 3 of each letter and stacked them, then inked them with Tsukineko Brilliance Lavender.  The background is a mixture of Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks with white embossing over it using the splatter background stamp.
 
I cut the balloons on my Cricut as well, used Doodlebug Twine for the tails. The stamp is from Ali Edwards.  The paper around the edge is from my stash that I've been hoarding for years - time to use it up, right?
 
I plan on occasionally doing an art journal page and I'm going to keep notes when I get an idea that hits me.  I hope you get encouraged to do this - it's different than keeping a daily journal (which I also do).
 
Happy Friday to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment