Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ciara's makeover with a Retro Sketch

Ciara is our OWH mascot and she looks pretty good as a stamp, so we were challenged to give her a makeover for Flag Day (coming up this weekend).  I used the Retro Sketch 67 as a starting point for two cards:
 
On my first card, I colored Ciara using Copics and made her hat and kerchief in red, white and blue:
I put her on top of that ribbon with a brad in the middle.  The sentiment is computer generated.
 
On my second card, I colored Ciara using Inktense pencils and I used a different red/blue combination with brown as an accent.  Her hat and kerchief are paper-pieced:
The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, which I embossed in gold.  It's hard to see in the photo, but it says "Thank you for your service to our country".
 
Both cards will be AnyHero cards that I'll put in my next box of cards for OWH.
 
Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. They are both so cute!! Way to go! Thanks for playing along today. :) I love the red white and blue camo and that starry combo too!!

    ReplyDelete