Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello!  Happy Fourth of July to ya!  I hope you've got plans to relax and enjoy today.  Our fireworks plan may not happen with our rainy weather here, but I'm still enjoying a day off.
 
I made two cards for some challenges today - all patriotic in keeping with our holiday.
 
This card is for the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge:
 
I white embossed the Hero stamp and then used my Inktense pencils to wash the red/blue over it.  (Kristina Werner showed this technique today and I totally CASE'd it!)  I really really wanted to embellish it more, but just kept it simple.  This card also fits this week's OWH midweek throwdown color challenge of red, white, blue and kraft.
 
My next card will be another AnyHero card for the FCCB Red White and Blue challenge:
The My Hero is cut from the Stand and Salute cartridge, which I placed over a piece of embossed Kraft paper.  The stars are from the same cartridge, placed over a piece of jute.
 
Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog.


7 comments:

  1. Love this card! Kraft,blue & the red/kraft gingham is so awesome together-great job. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are terrific! The sentiment in the top is so nice, and I love the rustic twine and embossing in the second one! Thanks for joining FCCB's Red, White & Blue challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool technique on that first card. What a great background for showing off that sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are both fabulous Erika! I love the technique you've on your first card - it really shows of that wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are awesome. Love the kraft base and the added details. Thanks for entering the Cricut Crawl challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS cards! I love the sentiment on the first card and the embossing looks great on the second. Thanks for joining the Red White and Blue challenge at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete