Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Card Camp - Day 1

Hello bloggers!  Cardmaking is an art form, right?  When I get to play around with paints/inks, I feel like the guy in the Subaru commercial that gets his first art easel:
 
 
Ha ha!  I just love his expression when he sees it for the first time.  After making some art with inks, I turned them into these cards:
I played with alcohol inks on transparency in the above card and voila!  I'm an artist!  Ha ha - well, maybe not yet, but I was pretty happy with it.  I'm entering this card in the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Tangerine challenge, which has this image as our inspiration:
 
Today is the first day of Summer Card camp.  While I can't divulge all the details, here's my card, using Sketch #2 flipped on its side:
"Smile" - Going Places Cricut Cartridge
Mouth - Lettering Delights Lip Smackers
 
This is a different style for me and I had fun putting it together.  Catch ya tomorrow for more class homework!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Love how your card turned that sketch on its side! I might need to go back up to my craft room and play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your SMILE card! Not only are you an artist, you're a fab designer as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erika! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete