Thursday, December 26, 2013

Color challenge

I hope you had a lovely Christmas!  I was lucky enough to receive a Silhouette Cameo cutter:
 
I got it up and running in an hour and used it to cut the deer head for this card: 
I decided to leave off a sentiment so it would be a general purpose card.  The green/white paper is old, old Creative Memories paper - it feels to good to finally use it up!
 
I've still got my Cricut and don't plan on abandoning it soon....I'll see how much I use it in the coming months and if it sits unused, then I'll sell it.  I've wanted a Silhouette for a long time and am excited to see how it cuts!
 
This card fits our weekly throwdown challenge at OWH - Two color challenge .  This wasn't quite so easy to do and it made me think how to highlight an image with only one other color.  Good challenge, Allison!
 
Enjoy those after-Christmas shopping sales (I got a 6x6 pad today for $2.09 at Joann's!)  I need to stop buying paper!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Erika- so cool that you got a Cameo- love the deer head! And I wa trying to avoid buying paper- but I may need to visit my old friend JoAnn- lol! I too made a green card- I am the 4th poster- and all of us used green--it was a challenge to not add in another color- but it was good to be pushed a little to try something different! Glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun new toy for Christmas! I just love receiving crafty stuff too. Your card is a perfect masculine card and it looks just fine without a sentiment. Enjoy your new Silhouette, and your new paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What guy wouldn't love receiving this manly card. The deer head is awesome! Congrats on your new toy :-)

    ReplyDelete