Thursday, April 3, 2014

Creating backgrounds

Hello!  The next deadline for Operation Write Home is Father's Day and to get us going, OWH's midweek throwdown challenge is Father's Day cards.  I cut a clock on my Silhouette from Lettering Delights and then realized I had no background paper, so I made my own.
 
I used the clock pieces from the Hero Arts All the time stamp set to make clear embossed images on my background paper.  Next, I used Distress Inks to make it all vintage-y (is that a word?):
 
It amazed me how great a job my Silhouette did cutting the intricate clock face.  Since my father was a clock maker, it's the first thing I think of when making Father's Day cards. 
 
I'm entering this card into A Blog Named Hero's latest challenge - Build a background.
 
My second card is a shameless CASE from Jennifer McGuire's watercolor tutorial -  here.  Sometimes I try a technique because she makes it look so easy and then I totally flop at it, but this one was easy!  Here's the card:
I used Distress Ink watercolor paper and the Sky Blue Brilliance ink for the sentiment.  I love how this came out and I'm going to try another masculine version of this technique.  Fun!
 
I'm entering this card into the Anything Goes challenge at Loves Rubberstamps.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Only one more day until the weekend!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. Gorgeous backgrounds. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful card!s I love how you used the distress inks together! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

    ReplyDelete