Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy NSD!

For the first time in years, I'm not at a crop on National Scrapbook Day.  I can still join in the fun and be a rebel by making cards today, though.  I made two for a couple of challenges.

Paula "broke" into the OWH site and challenged us to be a Rebel with a cause  today and make a card for one of the categories in need.  I made a Miss You themed card:
The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Year Round set.  This card is definitely a scrap card and it's something I make when I'm at the end of a 6x6 pad and all I've got left are strips.  I cut them into various widths and stick them onto a piece of paper, then trim it down to the size I want.  

My next card fits two challenges.  The first is the May ODBD  challenge, which is embossing.  I used a free SVG file from Short N Scrappy ( clock ) to cut out my main image.  Then I embossed it with antique gold embossing powder to give it an aged look:
The papers are from Tim Holtz.  This card also fits into this week's Cardz 4 Guyz challenge - Time.   

It's great to see everyone's cards today and I hope to see you all tomorrow for the weekly OWH sketch!

4 comments:

  1. Ohh these are both really nice Erika! I recognize a lot of the patterns in your first card.. I must have the same paper pads... and will have to remember this when they get down to just scraps. It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card for our 'Time' challenge, I like your slant on miss you. Thanks for sharing with us ata Crdz 4 Guyz. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and perfect for our 'Time' challenge. Thank you for joinging us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design. Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guys!

    ReplyDelete