Sunday, August 17, 2014

Love ya to the stars

Happy hot Sunday to ya!  It's not only hot here in the deep South, but it's also very humid.  We're expected to hit 100 degrees on Wednesday!  Ouch!  I can't complain, though, because we've really had a mild summer -I  knew those hot days would come to visit us sometime!

I'm officially an empty-nester now that my son moved in to his college dorm this weekend.  Yeah!  I found time to make cards and catch up on some challenges.

My first card is inspired by Kristina Werner's galaxy card.  It was fun to play with acrylic paints and Distress Inks to create a sky for the Lawn Fawn sentiment:

I'm entering this card into the August Words 2 Scrap By challenge - From darkness to light

My next two cards are for Operation Write Home challenges.  I used Penny Black Critters stamps and colored them with Distress Inks.

My thank you card is for the Mid-month throwdown challenge - Gratitude

My final card is for the latest sketch challenge - #236:
Those little critters are so adorable!  I couldn't pass this stamp set by when I bought it at Absolutely Everything in Massachusetts.  There's other images too that I can't wait to color.

Well now I'm off to work on making a Kaper Chart for my Daisy Girl Scout troop.

Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Hi, Erika.

    Wow, what a wonderful collection of cards! While the critter cards are adorable, I'm especially drawn to your galaxy card. It is amazing!

    We are so glad you joined us for our Darkness to Light challenge at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your galaxy card! The colors you chose fit the challenge perfectly, and really give it the feel of space! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i absolutely love your galaxy card...I bet it was super fun to make and you have inspired me. The other two cards are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your galaxy card is awesome! It is perfect for the Words 2 Scrap By Challenge. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete