Sunday, August 24, 2014

Treasured Memories scrapbook layout

Hello friends!  One of my favorite places to get cut files is from Miss Kate Cuttables.  Their designs are creative and fun and I especially love that there's a daily freebie!  When I read about their guest design member call, I thought I'd give it a try with a scrapbook layout.

The last time I visited the home I grew up in, I took pictures of my bedroom.  I thought it would be fun for my children to see how it looked and a good memory for me. I used elements from the "Treasured Memories" and "Family Memories" MKC files for my pages:
Treasured Memories SVG scrapbook title flower svg files flowers svg cut files free svgs Family Memories SVG scrapbook file cute svg files for scrapbooking cute svg cuts cutting files for scrapbooks
I spent quite a while matching papers to the bedspread my mother has on the beds and found a 2001 floral Anna Griffin paper still in my stash (talk about using up old paper!).  Here's my two page layout:

The top border is from the Family Memories MKC and the dress form is from the Silhouette store. I gave myself a small 3x3 journaling block on the left page and double-matted the photos 

 I added a vellum piece behind the dress form to give it some contrast against the background.
There's also a few pearls on the waist of the dress form and I added some swirls behind the pictures.

This is one of those layouts that I worked on all weekend, little by little.  I'd cut something out, come back a few hours later, cut something else, etc.  Although scrapbooking your old bedroom isn't the most exciting subject, it's part of my past and I wanted to remember it - a treasured memory for sure!

I'm entering this into the guest design call for the Miss Kate Cuttables blog, which you can read about here.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment