Sunday, September 28, 2014

Muse Challenge #86

Talk about procrastination!  I waited until today to enter the latest Muse challenge - #86!  The card for this week is this beauty by Anita Bowden - 


The sketch inspired me, as well as the lovely blue and green colors.  Like Anita, I started with a round focal point, which is teal vellum embossed with the Hero Arts Classic Fabric stamp.  I used my circle dies to cut a circle frame around the vellum:
Like Anita, I cut the word "Happy" from a coordinating color and embossed the word "birthday" directly on my white panel in Peacock Feathers and clear embossing powder.  

The most difficult part was placing the "Happy" down because I had to add foam tape behind portions of the letters to keep everything even on top.  I'm happy with the end result, though, and I'll use this as a birthday card for my mother in November.

Thanks for the inspiration, Anita!  And thanks to everyone who stops by and leaves me a comment - I appreciate it very much!



4 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty - I love your embossed panel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty - love the damask - it looks like your blog background, so you obviously love it too! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love that bold sentiment on the damask.

    ReplyDelete