Sunday, March 8, 2015

ODBD Challenge at OWH

One of my New Year's goals was to participate in every ODBD challenge over at Operation Write Home and I missed the February challenge already!  The sad thing is, I had my card ready and just didn't get it posted in time.
 
Today I'll catchup on the February and March challenges.  I made frogs for the Animals challenge; both a his and hers version:

 
These cards are in my comfort zone - papers, layering and die cuts.  I've been seeing so many technique videos that I want to try too and one of them is the Bokeh technique from Splitcoast stampers. I used watercolors in the background and then layered Colorbox white pigment ink on top for the background.  I used a My Favorite Things stamp for the March challenge, which is Sentiments :
And that ribbon technique?  Why, it's by Sandy Allnock from her days as a Ribbonista here: May-Arts.  I use that technique often.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well at least you got these cards made even if they didn't make the challenge. Cute frog and papers on your first cards and the second one is a fabulous sentiment with a fun background. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big, bold, and beautiful! Love the bright colors on all these cards :)

    ReplyDelete